The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification Accreditation Body (“CMMC-AB”) announced the launch of an Industry Advisory Council (“IAC”). The IAC’s mission is to provide a voice through which Organizations Seeking Certification (OSCs) can provide feedback, input, and recommendations for implementing CMMC back to the DoD and the CMMC-AB. Chaired by current Treasurer, Yong-Gon Chon, the IAC is comprised of thought leaders representing large and small businesses from a wide range of verticals within the Defense Supply Chain. IAC members include:
- Nicole Dean, CISO Accenture Federal Services
- Ted Steffan, Sr. Security Partner Strategist Amazon Web Services
- Darren Death, CISO, ASRC Federal
- Jeffrey Dodson, CSO, BAE Systems
- Timothy Trickett, CTO, BDO
- Jake Williams, IT Security Manager, Doncasters Group
- Michael Baker, CISO, General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT)
- Adam McNair, COO, Highlight Technologies
- Neil Brink, Cybersecurity Specialist, Rolls-Royce
- Brian Thompson, Director of GovCloud Security & Compliance, Salesforce
- Michael Rohde, Deputy CISO – Federal, ServiceNow
- Allison Krache Giddens, President, Win-Tech, Inc.
“The IAC will serve as a crucible for industry dialogue, bringing the best and brightest together to address cyber readiness challenges in the DIB and strengthen CMMC to it maximum potential. And just like the volunteer professionals in the AB, the IAC volunteers have chosen to serve a higher cause. Their leadership, skill, and professional expertise will greatly contribute to the overall success of the CMMC program,” said CMMC-AB Board Chair Karlton Johnson. As the inaugural members form subcommittees to represent the vast vertical markets that comprise the DIB, the CMMC-AB will seek more volunteer council members. The CMMC-AB expects to launch an IAC landing page.