We are excited to announce the release of the latest version of our NIST SP 800-171 self-assessment tool. This version incorporates extensive revisions, including:
- Reorganizing the NIST SP 800-171 requirements to align with the FAR and Above program;
- Automated FAR and Above scoring;
- Automated SPRS scoring;
- Updated listings and references to reflect CMMC 2.0 numbering scheme;
- Detailed descriptions of all NIST SP 800-171 requirements, including the Objectives defined in NIST SP 800-171A;
- Listing of all potential assessment considerations for every requirement;
- System Security Plan (“SSP”) template based on the SSP template published by NIST; and
- Comprehensive list of CUI types from the National Archives and Records Administration (“NARA”) website.
To download a free copy of the updated tool, simply click on the link below. The tool is freely distributable under the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license, but we encourage everyone to come back here for any updates.
If the tool is helpful for you, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the CMMC Information Institute.
For additional details about self-assessments and the tool, please visit our self-assessment page, which was recently updated.