The CMMC Information Institute is funded by our sponsors and through the generous support of people like you. If you find value in our tools and infographics, policy and procedure templates, training, and other resources, please consider making a donation to help us continue providing these resources.
Popular Free Tools and Infographics:
Latest News and Articles:
- Rule Change is Imminent. Are You Ready?The CMMC Implementation Conference is being held January 18-20 at the beautiful University of San Diego. Chock full of valuable tips and tools for business owners, service providers, and those charged with implementing the CMMC requirements, CIC2023 is NOT your ordinary CMMC conference. Learn how to Stop Talking. Start Doing. You can even take CCP or (the first ever) CCA training classes before the conference and reinforce your learning at the conference! Register today at https://CIC2023.org
- Are Contractors Authorized to Mark Legacy Information or Unmarked Information as CUI?There is a LOT of confusion in the contractor community over whether contractors have the authority to take it upon themselves to mark legacy information (e.g., FOUO, SBU, etc.) or unmarked information as CUI. In this article, we do a quick analysis based on the governing regulation and agency memorandum.
- Is a System Security Plan Controlled Unclassified Information?Is a contractor’s system security plan (“SSP”) Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”)? The answer depends on who is asking the question.
- Overcoming a Shortcoming in the DoD Assessment MethodologyThe DoD Assessment Methodology is a great attempt to create a standardized approach to evaluating contractor cybersecurity programs. However, it (more…)
- DIY vs Outsource: Recommendations for 800-171/CMMC ComplianceDeciding when to hire an expert to help with cyber compliance can be daunting. We have updated our Comprehensive NIST SP 800-171 Self-Assessment Tool with DIY/outsource recommendations for each requirement and objective.
- 2022 CMMC Community Contributor Award WinnersAnnouncing the 2022 CMMC Community Contributor Awardees! These individuals made exceptional contributions to the efforts to protect the US government’s supply chain, and the broader cybersecurity community. We appreciate their efforts and are pleased to recognize the positive contributions they have made!