Last Modified: 2023-FEB-03
By becoming a member of our site and/or otherwise participating in any discussions, including without limitations any groups or discussion boards, as part of of the CMMC Information Institute Inc. (“CMMCInfo”) website or any of our affiliated sites (the “Site”), you agree to the following terms and conditions. Violation of these terms may result in temporary or permanent revocation of participation privileges, with or without prior warning.
Accessibility: We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If you have any problems accessing the Site or its content, please contact us at [email protected] and/or use the website accessibility tools available here.
Restrictions on use: As a condition of your membership, you agree:
- That CMMC Info can permit or deny your right to participate in any portion of the Site at our sole discretion, regardless of your membership status;
- To keep your registration and contact information up to date at all times;
- To keep your password for the Site confidential and not to share any such password with any person or entity;
- To behave honestly and ethically;
- Not to post any message that is not relevant to other members of the Site;
- That using the Site to communicate messages of a personal nature is prohibited (not including any direct messaging, instant messaging, or other person-to-person communications that may be facilitated by the website(s)), and that all messages are subject to being posted to any and all portions of our website(s), unless the message clearly states that is to be kept private.
- Not to defame or disparage any person or entity, or make comments of an obscene, derogatory or offensive manner or otherwise use the Institute or its Content in a way that brings CMMC Info or any third party into disrepute, or causes us to be liable to any third party;
- Not to quote a statement made on the Site without attribution to the author or his/her organization except where the author has specifically granted you consent to do so;
- That the responsibility of posting content lies entirely with the poster;
- Not to use the Site to post marketing or commercial materials, or for overtly marketing or promotional purposes, without express, written authorization from CMMC Info;
- That CMMC Info does not take responsibility for inappropriate (including illegal) postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings;
- That CMMC Info reserves the right to take action on inappropriate postings, including, without limitation, the editing, refusal to post, or removal of any material or posting and/or the restriction or exclusion of any individual from further use of the Site;
- Not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other harmful software or HTML code or other similar material;
- Not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- That you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site and shall be solely responsible for keeping your password and other account details confidential;
- That CMMC Info may use your name, your organization’s name, and any avatar, logo, or related information for the creation of publicly available member directories, lists, and other content unless you expressly opt out as part of your profile settings;
- That CMMC Info reserves the right to disclose any material or posting or information to the extent necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation or subpoena or lawful governmental request;
- That the termination of a Corporate Membership shall automatically terminate any sub-memberships associated therewith; and
In addition, you agree:
- When posting a contribution that includes any materials from another source, the poster shall obtain all necessary permissions from the author or publisher of the material in advance of the posting. If the posting is not so authorized, then the source materials should not be posted, but may be summarized, if credit is given to the author/publisher and the readers are directed to the original source. By posting material, the posting party warrants that he or she has all rights necessary to do so, including copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights, and grants CMMC Info the nonexclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or material in any manner, without payment.
- The Site shall not be utilized in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws, or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices. (Such laws generally prohibit joint activity or agreements by competitors that unreasonably restrain trade or restrict the exercise of independent business judgment in pricing products or services, dealing with customers and suppliers, and selecting markets in which to compete. No express agreement or understanding is required; one can be inferred from statements or conduct.) Do not post any information regarding specific prices or fees charged or paid, and do not post any information concerning prices, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale either obtained by or offered to another entity. Do not post any information concerning market shares, salaries, costs, sales territories, profit margins, or encouraging the selection or rejection of customers or suppliers. Certain types of agreements established in a collective bargaining context are exempted from the antitrust laws. The Site may be used to discuss employee wages and benefits in a general manner to the extent permitted by law. Compliance with antitrust and other laws is the sole responsibility of you as a Member of the Site.
- CMMC Info reserves the right to revise and/or supplement these rules at our sole discretion, and your continued use of the Site evidences your acceptance of all such changes.
- CMMC Info reserves the right to revise and/or supplement these Membership Terms of Service at our discretion, and the version on the CMMC Info website shall control. Your continued viewing of and/or participation in the Site constitutes your express acceptance of the then-current version of the Membership Terms of Service.
- By default, all CMMC Info memberships are set to automatically renew at the end of their term by billing you on a recurring basis using the payment information you provided. We do not store your payment information; we use tokenized information that allows us to leverage recurring payment details from our payment processing companies (Stripe and PayPal). If you prefer to renew your membership manually, you may change the setting in the Subscriptions sections of your account. If you have a Stripe or PayPal account, you can also terminate any recurring subscriptions directly from your account with the payment processor. Your access to the Site will terminate at the end of its term if you do not renew your subscription.
Thank you for reading and abiding by these terms. We hope that you will actively participate in the Site and that you will find the Site’s content to be valuable.