These guidelines are for CMMC Info licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use CMMC Info’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the keyboard CMMC Info Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of CMMC Info may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of CMMC Info trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a CMMC Info trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a CMMC Info account holder, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
CMMC Info’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a CMMC Info trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that CMMC Info is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with CMMC Info’s rights in the trademark, including challenging CMMC Info’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any CMMC Info trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a CMMC Info trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to CMMC Info. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your CMMC Info representative or submit your query to the CMMC Info legal department.
Authorized Use of CMMC Info Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only CMMC Info and its licensees may use the CMMC Info Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the CMMC Info Logo only as specified in their agreement with CMMC Info and any associated Guidelines.
2. Compatibility: Developers may use CMMC Info or any other CMMC Info word mark (but not the CMMC Info Logo or other CMMC Info-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced CMMC Info product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
- The CMMC Info word mark is not part of the product name.
- The CMMC Info word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
- The CMMC Info word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced CMMC Info product.
- The reference to CMMC Info does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with CMMC Info or CMMC Info products or services.
- The use does not show CMMC Info or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an CMMC Info word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for CMMC Informed Executives.
- The use reflects favorably on both CMMC Info and CMMC Info products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the CMMC Info word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The CMMC Info logo or any other CMMC Info-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from CMMC Info.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by CMMC Info, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by the CMMC Information Institute, Inc.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of CMMC Info’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. CMMC Info Badges and Certificates: Individuals may use one of the CMMC Info Web Badges or Certificates if individual has a) successfully completed any required education; b) independently passed any examination by at least the minimum required score; and c) meets any ongoing education or examination requirements.
5. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, CMMC Info, CMMC Informed Executive, CMMC Information Institute, or any other CMMC Info trademark, including CMMC Info-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
6. CMMC Info Logo and CMMC Info-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the CMMC Info Logo or any other CMMC Info-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from CMMC Info.
7. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use a variation of the CMMC Info logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a CMMC Info trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: CMMC InfoMart, MyCMMCInfo, CMMCMisInformed
8. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a CMMC Info trademark or any other CMMC Info-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
9. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use CMMC Info or any other CMMC Info trademark, including CMMC Info-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply CMMC Info’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
10. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing CMMC Info or any other CMMC Info trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from CMMC Info.
11. CMMC Info’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive CMMC Info packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
12. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an CMMC Info slogan or tagline.
13. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical CMMC Info trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “CMMCInfo.com”, “CMMCInformationInstitute.com” “CMMCInf.com”, “CMMCInf.org”
Rules for Proper Use of CMMC Info Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
3. Always spell and capitalize CMMC Info’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the CMMC Info Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate CMMC Info product or service names. Do not make up names that contain CMMC Info trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the CMMC Info trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the CMMC Info Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
c. Include an attribution of CMMC Info’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
The following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of CMMC Information Institute, Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of CMMC Information Institute, Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of CMMC Information Institute, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of CMMC Information Institute, Inc.
Depictions of CMMC Info Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: CMMC Info does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of CMMC Info products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that CMMC Info endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.