We are hosting a series of virtual “Open Sessions” every 2 weeks for Communities members where members can discuss NIST SP 800-171, CMMC, CUI, and other cybersecurity-related topics. The idea is to provide a forum through which OSCs, C3PAOs, Provisional Assessors, Registered Practitioners, Procurement Specialists, and others in the CMMC Ecosystem can have candid discussions, ask questions, and seek consensus on topics of interest to you.
Each session will:
- not be recorded;
- be held under the Chatham House Rule (i.e., participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed);
- not be open to members of the press;
- be limited to 30 participants to allow for easy discussions;
- be limited to 60 minutes total;
- cover at least 3 topics per session (15 minutes per topic), with the topics submitted by the participants of prior sessions (please E-mail us at [email protected]);
- allow 15 minutes of open conversation/discussion to close out the session.
Our first session will be April 14, 2021 and will address:
- Small businesses and CMMC – how should small businesses prepare for CMMC, and how soon should they start?
- CUI marking and handling – what steps is your organization taking to either prevent receiving CUI, or to set up your systems to handle CUI?
- Mid-tier and prime contractors and SPRS – is your organization being pressured to submit SPRS scores or other information to your prime contractor? Is your prime asking you to submit scores even when your organization doesn’t receive CUI?
To register, please visit our events page. Do you have questions you’d like to have discussed in a future session? Please submit your questions here.